Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why Degrees of Inspiration?

Webster's definition of inspiration is listed as, The stimulation with the mind of some idea, feeling, or impulse which leads to creative action; a divine or holy presence which inspires; the act of inhaling air. In creating this blog, it is my sincere desire to emit or throw out ideas that may cause one to be inspired and uplifted for the betterment of humanity. If someone can come away from reading my posts feeling inspired with a desire to better himself or herself and society, then I would have achieved my goal.
Seeing that inspiration comes from within and without; the within being the first meaning indicated above, so to speak, and the without being from the divine or holy presence - that for me, being the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead in Christendom, it indicates that not all ideas are created equal. The degrees of inspiration I want to focus on will be the combination of the two - God-gifted ideas-good ideas that emanate from the mind of God. A famous God-fearing writer once said, "Higher that the human thoughts can reach is God's ideal for His children--Godliness, Godlikeness is the goal to be reached." Having quoted that, a song comes to mind that says it succinctly. I remember it being sung by George Beverly Shea - If I can help somebody, as I pass along, If I can cheer somebody, with a word or song, If I can show somebody, how they're travelling wrong, Then my living shall not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment